Tagged: High Availability
Collateral for my session at VMware TechTalk Live 3-11-14
Thank you to attendees of my session on Stretched Clusters with Vplex at VMware TechTalk Live 3-11-14!
Here is the session slide deck:
CDI-VMware TechTalk – Yury Magalif – Stretched Clusters with Vplex Rev02
Pictured here is Alexis St. Clair, who won the Nest programmable thermostat raffle. The Nest was offered by my company CDI, the sponsor of the event, along with VMware and EMC.
Twitter Chat for remaining questions:
March 12, 2014, Wednesday
2 pm to 3 pm EST
Use Hashtag #CDIVplex in your questions.
My presentation is called “Stretching VMware clusters across distances with EMC’s Vplex – the ultimate in High Availability.”
This session is for administrators and consultants looking to stretch their VMware clusters across 2 geographical sites for enhanced High Availability and Disaster Recovery. Readers will learn:
- Differences between High Availability and Disaster Recovery approaches.
- When to use VMware Stretched Clusters vs. VMware Site Recovery Manager.
- How to decrease your Recovery Time Objective across sites to under 5 minutes.
- Minimum storage, network and compute requirements for VMware Stretched Clusters.
- What is distributed storage and how it helps with VMware Stretched Clusters.
- What is EMC’s Vplex?
- How Vplex allows you to configure VMware Stretched Clusters.
- Best practices for VMware Stretched Clusters with EMC’s Vplex.